Saturday, October 31, 2009

Help on actually looking my age? Dealing with old perverts?

Ok so I am 15. People tell me that I look a lot older, like around 18-20. I was at the park today and some older man was looking at me very innappropriatley. I said "EXCUSE ME!" But I live in an area where the dominant language is Spanish, so I don't think he understood me and didn't stop. It makes me very angry. It also happened again later that day at the playground area when I was with my little brother. I thought that I would be safe there since there is usually only parents there but apparently not. I got somewhat harrassed again and I had to take out my cell phone, threatening him I was serious about making him leave me alone. I had to tell him in Spanish that I am 15 and he is what, 52? Then he backed off. I mean I dress like the teenager I am! All that I was wearing was a blue polkadot tank, shorts, and flip flops. I even have a little bit of acne. I feel this is enough to represent my adolesence but apparently not! I want older men to leave me alone before I lose it! Help?
Answer:
I have the exact same problem, and I fully sympathise with you. I hate being repeatedly whistled at and leered at by much older guys. I'm 17 and look about 20.

I dress well and conservatively, but still young.

Just take it in your stride, hang around with young looking people or other guys your age and be alert.

Good luck!
Honestly, there's probably not much you can do. Have you seen the Dateline's "To Catch A Predator" shows? All those girls pose as 13-15 year olds, even send the guys pictures of themselves looking like 13-15 years olds and these guys STILL show up at these houses! You just have to be careful. There are pedophiles out there everywhere!
I know how you feel. But some people like you said; are just perverts. They get a rush out of looking and starring at young women. If they're not doing anything to you then just ignore them. But it's another story if they're trying to touch you, or use you inappropriately.

Eyes are for looking.
Hands are for touching... when the other person wants them to.

If you feel that someone is really stalking you, feel free to call the police as they will help you with your problem.

You could also go out with guy friends so they feel threatened by a male presence.

All I can say is Good Luck and I know how you're feeling.








P.S. Pepper Spray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net