Sunday, October 25, 2009

Heavy Unusual Period?

I am 27 yrs old and ever since I have stopped breastfeeding my second child about 18 months ago my periods have been very regular to the day with a medium flow. I am not on any medication or birth control pills. This month I started bleeding a week earlier which is unusual for me and the bleeding is soooo heavy. I go through super tampons in at least an hour (pads can last me a little longer) and bleed a lot into the toilet sometimes every 20 minutes. When I lay down the flow does let up but as soon as I start moving around there is just a stream of blood. I really have not experienced a period this heavy. Sometimes I wonder if this is my period or something else since it is acting so unusual. I do plan to ask my doctor about this but I am on vaction right now for 2 weeks and am not sure if this is something I need to get checked before that. This is now the scond day of this heavy bleeding and I do not know if I should keep waiting it out. Thanks for your help!
Answer:
Go see a medic NOW. You are losing a lot of blood and you can't afford to do that for two weeks before you get back to your regular doctor. Normal periods don't behave in this manner, so something else is going on and you need to find out what it is. Sorry this happened on your vacation, but you really do need to get it looked after right away, and then you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.
I think you should go to the doctor as soon as possible, you should definitely not wait for 2 weeks. You do need to be aware of the signs of Anemia which include;

鈥?Fatigue
鈥?Weakness
鈥?Fainting
鈥?Breathlessness
鈥?Heart palpitations (rapid or irregular beating)
鈥?Dizziness
鈥?Headache
鈥?Ringing in the ears
鈥?Difficulty sleeping
鈥?Difficulty concentrating
鈥?Pale complexion
鈥?The normally red lining of the mouth and eyelids
fades in color

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net