Sunday, October 25, 2009

Height probem?

I am 12 years old(a girl) and only 4'8, and around 85 pounds,and i am a little concerned about my height. For example mostly all the girls in my class are at least one head taller then me.(around 5'1)

My mom is only 4'11 and my dad is about 5'6. Their parents about the same height,my dads mom being 5'4.And i have been having my period since i was 10, and i have heard that girls usally stop growing around 2 years after their period or around 14, but i have not gotten any taller for 10 to almost 11 months now, I think i have stoped growing,should i see a doctor?

p.s. my parents think it is complety normal, and don't think it's wierd i haven grown at all in 11 months.
Answer:
Well, maybe you've just stopped growing. I know girls who are still growing when they are in high school. Mostly between Fresh. and Soph. year. I'm 14 and I'm 5'9". I don't think I am going to grow anymore. Especially if you have a family history of people being short, it's highly possible that you will be. I have a friend who is going to be 14 and she is about the same size you are. You are perfectly fine the way you are. God made you small for a reason, maybe it is to show how big and mighty He is.

You're not short, you are fun sized!
I'm not sure about the not growing for 11months.. but dont worry.. you still have plenty of time left to grow.. because you have smallish parents, you'll probably be smallish too. dont worry about it. it used to bother me sooo much (im 5'0)... till i started to think about the good parts.. you'll always be small. %26 thats much better than looking like a tree! (there was a teacher at my school who literally looked like a tree!) so relax!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net