Sunday, October 25, 2009

Height..?

I am 12 years old(a girl) and only 4'8, and around 85 pounds,and i am a little concerned about my height. For example mostly all the girls in my class are at least one head taller then me.(around 5'1)

My mom is only 4'11 and my dad is about 5'6. Their parents about the same height,my dads mom being 5'4.And i have been having my period since i was 10, and i have heard that girls usally stop growing around 2 years after their period or around 14, but i have not gotten any taller for 10 to almost 11 months now, I think i have stoped growing,should i see a doctor? Because i really don't want to be 4'8 for the rest of my life.

p.s. My parents think it is complety normal, and don't think it's wierd i haven grown at all in 11 months.
Answer:
dont worry about your height it all goes by genetic . just eat healthy and drink lots of milk b/c of calcium and calciums contributes 15% of height growth during teenage years. if you want to you can go to the doctor so you can sleep more easy but its normal and your body is just resting you might be a late bloomer.

when i was 13 i was 5'6 all the time but at age 14 15 16 i shot out and now i am 6'1. so just give time you are 12 yrs old you will grow dont worry.
I wouldn't see a doctor. You'll have to just wait and see. Your parents aren't the tallest so you might end up at your mom's height. Are you too thin?? My daughter just turned nine and is 82 pounds%26gt; Don't worry tall people want to be shorter and vice versa. No one is happy with something about themselves. Take care! Have fun summer break is here! Stop worrying! :)
Your fine. Women stop growing around 18. If your other family members are on the small side, you will probably end up not growing much taller then you are right now.
give it another 2 years, usually girls are not done getting taller at 12 years old.
Thats fine, but I dont think you weight 85 pounds because your body can't handle having blood leave your body when you are underweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net