Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help before I kill someone!!?

I'm going to hit the big 50 later this year, I had 2 periods in March and nothing since, so I am guessing that the menopause has kicked in. I thought that I was ready for it after all it's a natural part of life, but now I'm not sure.
Physically all seems OK, but I seem to be going through a personality change, my husband and son don't seem to be able to do anything right, no change there, but now I am always snapping at them, and don't seem to be able to let anything go. I also found myself crying along to a sad country song while driving today, and that's not me.
I'm reluctant to bother the doctor with this, as I'm seeing him a lot with a problem with my knee, and don't want him breaking his back trying to carry my file around. He is also young, male, and not easy to chat to.
Can anyone out there who's been through this offer some words of advice, or share their experience. Do any herbal or natural supplements help, or should I be looking at HRT at sometime?
Answer:
Hey sweety, I am almost 51. I went threw what you are going threw now when I was about 45. I thought I would kill every one around me before I got threw it all. But they all survived and so did I. Your body is just going threw a few changes right now is all. Think of the good side on all this, not the bad side of it. Talk to your doctor about it and he can give you some medicine that will help you get threw it all. I had hot flashes for 10 years like you would not believe. I thought I was going crazy, well crazier than I was already. Hey it is just life. Kick them heels up and try to make the best of it if you can at all. If you need someone to talk to, email me, be glad to talk to you. Remember, I have been there done that.
Menopause is different for everyone. What you're experiencing is normal. The low levels of hormones is just like PMS--but the levels don't go back up.
Your doctor, though young and male is still a professional and it won't be the first time he's had to deal with it, nor will it be the last. YOu should make sure what you're experiencing is normal and you should at least discuss HRT even if it's no longer recommended because perhaps being on it a short time and weaning off of it will be more effective for you. There is also a blood test to see if you're actually going through menopause. It's a good time to have a complete checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net