Sunday, October 25, 2009

Heavy periods??

does anyone here suffer from heavy periods if so how much blood do you think you lose,i think i suffer from them,when i went to the toilet this morning there seemed so much blood in the toilet anyone else had that?sorry for the details.
Answer:
I have had them occasionally, to the point that I felt lightheaded. That doesn't even make sense because your losing excess blood, but it still did happen to me. They did go away though and I rarely have it now.
I don't kn ow.
i have had the odd heavy one like that before, but if you feel yours are that heavy go and see your doctor, they can give you something which should lessen your periods, my friend was given something for hers, and she saw a definete difference, thats what your doctors there for
I used to suffer with very heavy periods, and terrible cramping too, but when I started with the pill, it made it all so much better.

Dont know how old you are or if you've ever been on it before but gotta be worth a try right?
Yes, some women suffer from heavy periods. However, if you have bad cramping and/or clots for more than a day or clots that are larger than the size of a nickle you will need to see your doctor immediately.

Also, if you feel more tired during your period, you are losing too much iron. Do NOT take iron supplements unless your doctor tells you to do so. Instead eat more leafy, green vegtables and fish. They are safer, more natural ways until your doc says otherwise.
You haven't given too many details, but heres what I think. My stepmother has suffered from heavy periods for some time now and her doctor has told her that it is the onset of menopause. She can go through a super tampon an hour. She sometimes has to go to the doctor and get medication to slow the flow. If you are concerned, see your doctor.
I get very heavy ones which last for about 7 days and in teh middle of it I can find myself changing my tampon every hour! Not sure if this is normal but I don't think so. The doctor can offer you things to lighten it up, I had a plastic coil fitted recently and it has really helped, there is also a new tiny ballon like device which can be fitted if you find them a probem, make sure you eat a lot of iron rich foods like red meat broccoli and spinach and drink plenty of fluids.
It's terrible! I use a super plus tampon and a pad (not a liner) for at least 3/5 days my period lasts. I thought I was rebleeding when I got my first period 4 weeks after my baby was born. I guess I forgot how bad they were!
i hear you sista, you might want to bring it up to your ob/gyn next time u have ur annual as long as ur are not going thru a tampon/pad every hour. i have a history of endometrosis (sp) and thats why mine are heavy and painful. but i would keep some notes every month and if you are really concerned contact your dr.
Sweety, you need to ask your self a few questions, is your period due? a lot of blood is not normal. any chance you could be preggers?, if not- you need to get undercontrol and manage your cycles a bit beta, I suffered from intense girl weeks and was put on YASMINE pill, all good so far( helped with the pimples too) get some professonal advice love
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/endometrios...

Check that out. You may have that condition.
Get a regular yearly Pap Smear, and in between those, when questions arise, always talk to your gynecologist.

You may have what is known as a fibroid tumor. No way for anyone to diagnose you over the internet. Get it checked out.
you're pregnant
I suffer from heavy periods also but there's not much you can do. My periods change month to month on how heavy but they're usually consistant when heavy. I'll pass big clots for days but usually only when I need to pee so it's not too bad. I can also tell when they're coming in case I don't need to pee so I can go pass them so to speak. If you are worried about them speak to your doctor. I have my annual exams but nothing abnormal has ever shown up on them.
Not heavy no.
You didnt mention how old you are, but Ive had heavy ones my whole life, especially the first fived years or so.Some genius decided women lose about half a cup of blood the duration of one period. That guy is obviously an idiot. When mine were the worst, mostly in middle and high school, I could bleed for two weeks easy and it wasnt rare to go through a super tampon and a regular pad within an hour. And I mean haul *** to the bathroom go through, heavy clotting, the whole enchilada. The pill didnt help at all, but once I started the patch and the nuvaring,I did notice a difference. Theres a lot fo recall with the patch right now, and the ring is VERY easy to use. I mean, I still bleed for like a week, but the heavy days are much fewer, with fewer cramps.

Don't worry about if it NORMAL, because really, it is.Its just that you have options availableto help make yourself more comfortable. Good luck!
i can do changeing my tampon every hallf hour
i have really heavy periods and my doctor wont give me then pill because of my age and i smoke but he did give me some meds. two acids, sorry cant remember names.
go to your dr he should either give you the pill or alternative.
I had the same problem. My periods were really heavy and I had massive clots. My GYN was amazed at the size of the clots. He actually recommended the IUD to me, as I had no intention of having anymore children. When I was ready to conceive again, I had it removed, and had a successful pregnancy 2 cycles later. I had the Mirena IUD put in again after my son was born, and my periods are extra light and extra short again...about 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net