Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Help! Is it possible to delay your period or make it come earlier?

My family and I are going on vacation in August, and I know I'll be getting my period on vacation. For the past 3 years, I've gotten my period on vacation, although my cycle has changed from beginning to middle to end of the month. I just always seem to get my period when we go on vacation, and every year we go to the beach. I was wondering if there is any possible way to either delay your period or make it come earlier. A friend of mine said there's a pill I can take, but I'm not sure. I know how to use tampons [I'm a competitive swimmer] but I hate feeling bloated wearing my swimsuit, or feeling cranky. I'll also be the only girl there under 40, with my two brothers and three boy cousins, so it's really awkward. I was hoping there's some way to "fix" the situation. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Answer:
nope..it comes naturally..
unless you take birth control..
i think thats the only way
If you go on the pill you can run a packet together so you take it for 6 weeks and thus miss your period
I think it is too soon to try to take anything to trick your body into not giving you a period during vacation. Starting birth control means that it takes a few months till your cycle is regulated, so you could end up having it anyway. Even if you start the pill and skip the placebo week (which I have tried and do NOT recommend, as it takes forever to get your cycle back to normal and you never know when you'll menstruate!) it might not stop your period from coming.

Talk to your doctor about it, see what they say could help you with your predicament. Whatever they say, do NOT get on depo provera (Pfizer has class action lawsuits against them for what that shot does to women!)!!

My advice would be to use tampons and try Pamprin or Midol.
The only only thing you can do is be on birth control. You just skip the nonactive pills and keep taking the actives. But if you are still in your first 3 packs...you may have breakthrough bleeding anyway. sorry I wish there was another way
Sorry hun there is no way to delay your period or make it come earlier... there is a new birth control pill out that the user only gets 4 periods a year and there is another one that is brand new and got approval from the FDA just recently where the user will have no periods kind of like the shot...you may want to go to you obgyn and talk to her about those options and decide to switch pills or if you are not on one get on one. The pill also lessens breakouts and cramping that may be something you can check in to.
If you are on birth control pills anyway just skip the 7day ones that you would normally take when you are on your period,and go straight to the next months supply instead...Other than that ,see your gynecologist before trying anything else..They will have better and safer answers...Have a great time on your Vacation..Be Safe..

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net