Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Help! I'm going through menopause~I can't sleep~can you help??

I'm 48 years old - I've had hot flashes for the past 2 years - they seemed to have slowed down (less frequent) - but for the last 2 years I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep. I usually have to wait until I'm REAL tired by either reading a book or surfing the web-then I'll go to sleep but I always wake up after about 3 hours and a lot of times can't go back to sleep for another hour or two or three. Can anyone suggest anything besides sleeping pills? Thanks.
Answer:
Have you undergone medical tests to see if all is well with you? Are you stressed? Do you have marital, financial or other problems that interfere with your sleep? These are the questions any doctor should ask you. I can advise you to try and go to bed every night at the same time, force your body into some kind of a routine. It might take awhile for your body to adjust to a regime but it will. Also I can advise you to try some herbal drops called "Rescue Remedy". They are made of flowers and help me to fall asleep when I have troubles getting to sleep. The drops are not addictive and do not cause any harm.
There are a lot of other recommendations how to induce sleep, like a warm bath or shower, hot drink etc. I am sure you tried it all.
I took lavender baths and they helped some.Some of the stuff they sell like st.johns wort and black cohash helps a little bit.Unfortunately They didn't work for me and I needed the sleeping pills.
Menopause is a stage in life when a woman stops having her monthly period.It is a normal part of aging, marking the end of a woman's reproductive years.Get enough calcium. A woman going through menopause needs 1000 mg to 1500 mg of calcium a day. Avoid excessive amounts of salt to reduce bloating associated with hormonal changes. More information and remedies at http://useinfo4.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net